Why adapt our playgrounds?To see JOY on every child's face....
To see JOY on every child's face....
An Inclusive Playground:
- Allows everyone to fully participate.
- Provides independent play opportunities with peers and develops social skills.
- Allows children to demonstrate that they are smart, capable, and able to take developmentally appropriate risks.
- Supports independent participation through multiple sensory modes.
- Addresses physical, social and emotional needs of all children.
- Engages all abilities in stimulating physical and social activities.
- Fosters compassion and understanding of differences at a young age.
Derived from the 7 Principles of Inclusive Design, Utah State University, Center for Persons with Disabilities.